Our main activity is the development of technologies and services in the Internet, focusing on Social Media and E-Commerce. We have developed a Recommender System that can be integrated within any website via a REST API, and we have also developed Wipley, a social network for videogamers where we have integrated our recommender system.
SGP has been founded by 3 engineers (Francisco Carrero, Borja Monsalve and myself), with a large experience on founding start-ups, and R&D projects. We have been part of 15 R&D projects, funded by several entities like European Commission or the Spanish R&P Plan.
We are ready to commercialize our products, and that's why we have been looking for funding the last months. We have estimated a funding need of €550K for the two first years. Until this moment we have been granted with a CDTI's PID project with a total amount of €350K and we have obtained 0ther €100K from FFF, so we only need extra €100K.
If you are interested on investing at our company, please, contact us at the following e-mail: francisco.carrero(a)wipley.com. We'll give you all the information you need in order to evaluate the investment.
PLN-E aims to become a meeting point among academic researchers and companies interested on technologies all along Natural Language Processing and other related technologies like text mining, information retrieval, opinion mining, etc.
We aim the submission of works that shows how NLP can help enterprises to solve problems, or develop new products and services. We expect 3 different types of works:
- (Academic/enterprise) Research works at early stages but with a clear orientation to enterprise applications (products/services)
- Works showing how a certain or several NLP technologies have been successfully used to solve a certain problem (such as developing a new product/service)
- Works from companies explaining certain problems that can not be solved with the actual state of the art on NLP.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the next topics:
A) New NLP Technologies with a clear Application in the Enterprise
- Opinion Mining and Sentiment Analysis
- Monolingual and Multilingual Information Systems
- Voice Question-Answering Systems
- Social Intelligent Systems
- Plagiarism Detection and Systems for Detecting Confidential Information
- Recommender Systems
- Illicit contents/Crimes Detection Systems
B) New Application Domains
- Social Media
- Mobile Devices
- Videoconsoles and TDT
- Virtual Worlds and Massive Multiplayer Games
C) Business Aspects of NLP
- New Business Models
- Unsolved Problems
- Scalability and Performance of NLP Technologies
- Production Environments for NLP Systems
- Real-World Datasets Descriptions
- Demands and Market Needs
- Submission: 15 June, 2010
- Notification of acceptance: 15 July, 2010
- Camera Ready: 15 August, 2010
- Workshop: 6/7 de September, 2010